Saturday, July 2, 2011

Do You Know Who is Generous?

I was browsing online in search for some samples and also in search for a descent student brand ambassador program. All that I ran across was some decent samples that I already had, or some ambassador program that wasn't available in my school's location. So to make a long story short, I was at a pit-stop.

But right when I went on HouseParty.com to check to see if they had post any new parties. Yes, I was once again out of luck, but I did go through the past parties (for the billion and one times) which only made me more anxious to host a product party.

So with nothing to do with my life, I began to search for product parties. Like I guessed, the things that came up were Tupperware parties, AVON, and Adult parties. Tubberware on a college campus? No. AVON? Maybe. Adult parties? Too expensive for a college student's pocket. So I decided. Hey! Why won't I create a club for the students on my campus. I mean it's fun, cheap, and free! Soon after I was hit with reality; I didn't have a brand company to support my cause. So what did I end up doing? That's right. Searching once again.

Eventually, I came across these two articles. One featured a man who wrote 100 letters to companies asking them for free stuff. Did it work? It did. All 100 companies didn't send him stuff, but it was better than nothing. Then it was this man who received 400 items! The catch was it was over a number of years. Lastly, was this expecting mom who asked companies for free baby products. Did she succeed? YES! She even received a couple of pacifiers. How cool right? I'm guessing you know what I'm about to tell you next.

Yes, I started creating my list of companies that I wanted to ask for free stuff. I mean it's a win situation on their half. All they have to do is send me the material. They will receive free publicity from my party and my blog, and an increase in sales. What company doesn't want that?

Next (and hardest) step, waiting. Let's see which companies actually respond back.

I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment